Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

Number of posts : 4564
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:47 am

(It's okay, I'm swamped with work as well)

Miranda nodded. "I got yea" she said. Joseph set the canister next to the bomb, and he sighed. "Well...like we have a choice. The bomb squad treats everything like an explosive" he said. He forced them all back before he detonated the EMP. There was a click, and then Joseph walked towards the bomb and looked at it. He sniffed around, which he looked back. "Smells like something fried!" he shouted. Miranda looked at David worried. "How's your arm? Is it functional?" she asked. Joseph looked back at them before he looked over at the tall skyscrapper after something caught his eye. "Shit! They fell off the building!" he yelled. Miranda looked up at the skyscrapper not able to see it. "Who was it?" she asked. Joseph growled. "I think it was Ian and Toby!" he yelled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://omuyasha.deviantart.com/
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

Number of posts : 3064
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:02 am

David rubbed between his eyes then sighed, "No, I meant that the nuke would still be a hazard after an EMP disabled it. All it would take is the right amount of impact and it detonates. At least, that's how much I've gotten from those things. I don't work with bombs and missiles often." He stated before seeing the canister. He would have gladly gotten out of the range of the electronic disrupting grenade, but the next question kept him from doing so, "Not a single clue. The geiger counter that old man put in my arm just counts radiation, not actuality. And I don't have that sort of expertise."

(Sorry for the disappearance. Lack of brain power from my damn job)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Miranda looked at David oddly. "How would an EMP still be a hazard?" she asked. Joseph reached into his cloak and fiddled around. "I might have one left..." he said before he pulled out a small silver canister the size of a water bottle. He looked over at David worried. "You might need to get back 500 yards from here...this bomb was made to take out 3rd Gen Iron man suits...It even screws up the newer ones" he said. Miranda sighed. "Is this a dummy bomb?" she asked. Joseph looked at David curiously. "What do you think? Is this the real deal?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:18 pm

David could see the humor in the 'have a nice day' painting on the part of the missile. He took a breath to get the giggles out of his system without actually laughing, "I'm sure he's fine. The guy's got the fight in him." He spoke getting close to the weapon, "An EMP would disable the remote detonation system and electronics, but it would still be a hazard." There was a small pause, "Either of you happen to have an EMP? I'm not a magic man that has every trick in his bag."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:14 pm

(I know what you mean, I am swamped with poster projects, term papers, and Labs)

Miranda looked at him oddly hearing clicking sounds come from his arm. "Let's go find that bomb!" she yelled. With David's help they located the bomb, which was an old missile that was painted with a have a nice day smiley. Miranda growled looking at David. "What do you think we should do about this?" she asked as she gulped. "I hope Toby is doing okay..." she said. Joseph sighed. "Toby will do fine! We have to deactivate this bomb" he said. Miranda frowned. "Do we need to locate the tiggerman?" she asked. Joseph sighed. "An EMP bomb would fry the circuitry...should work" he said.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:33 pm

(Had a lot going on in the last few weeks. Finally cooled down enough for me to be able to come back online more. 3-60 hour weeks in a row will kill you)

David squeezed the bridge of his nose, "Not what I meant. I just meant all of the time." He mentioned under his breath not wanting to continue that conversation. His eyes then shifted to Miranda, "As in he seemed to be on their side, but at the same time he wasn't going to attack me even if I was ready to attack him. He even gave me info regarding where you might be." He spoke to Miranda taking his fingers from the bridge of his nose. While the stroking of his ego seemed pleasant, he wasn't really in the mood to get into that position. That was when he got to moving around and scanning the area, his flesh arm moving to his synthetic and moving his finger along the artificial muscle, "I don't have one I can just toss at you." A small clicking sound could be heard from his arm, "That doc had one hell of an imagination."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:32 am

Joseph looked at him oddly. "Not thinking is what gets you killed" he remarked. Miranda looked at David and frowned. "Neutral? What do you mean by...Neutral" she asked. That name to her sounded so familiar. She smirked. "I don't think anyone would want to fight you..." she said. Joseph sighed. "So, where do we start?" Miranda asked sarcastically. They began looking through the rubble moving heavy hunks of metal around looking for a device they never seen before. There was a group of untouched piggy-back cars off to the side, which Miranda approached it. She looked back at David curiously. "Do you have a Geiger counter on you by any chance?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:01 am

David shrugged his shoulders, "Should we not act and just think all the time? We aren't going to find anything just standing around." He said to him. His attention was shifted to Miranda, "When I was at a railyard one of Ian's men was there. I think his name was Fenrir, but the attitude he gave off was neutral. He didn't want to fight me despite me wanting to cut his head off." He spoke before watching Joseph rush, his speed easily let him catch up with the wolf. Once in the yard he looked around at the heaps of metal and the scars of battle. Unlike before when he could breath heavily, it looked like he wasn't even the least bit winded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:41 pm

Joseph nodded. "I agree with you...so...are you wanting to go back to the railroad yard on down the road?" he asked. Miranda looked at David curiously. "You've been to a railroad yard already? Did you find something weird there?" she asked. Joseph began to head off. Miranda growled. "Hey! I was asking you a question!" she yelled. Joseph ran faster with David. The railroad yard was more centrally located in the city, so it would make the most sense tactically to place one of those bombs, but there was tons of twisted and mangled metal all over the place. It was amazing the fight did not set the bomb off already.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:35 pm

David was growing irritable with the talking and lack of action that they were having in the middle of a warzone while watched by dozens and dozens of potentially hostile machines, "I'm sure that they do. The military would have contingency plans for such an event. They would have to be ready at any time for a terrorist threat or a set of activity." He spoke with the lack of patience visible in his eyes as he spoke, "So what are we waiting for? We aren't doing any good like this." He spoke wanting to finally move, hopefully he could settle his hatred with the wolf that had started him on this path.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:24 pm

Joseph shrugged. "I'm not sure what you mean by airborne, but it's strong enough to cause some damage 100 yards away" he said. Miranda nodded. "I familiar with the werewolf technology here...I would have to say ours is the most advanced of all the packs" she said before there was a drone that was blown up over their heads. Joseph looked up seeing a drone marked with Air Force tags. Miranda looked at David. "You think the military knows what's up?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:52 am

David placed a hand to his chin thinking about an EMP being used to disable a nuke. He looked skyward to the drones overhead wondering what sort of data they had already picked up, "In theory, an EMP on their own would disable anything that is not shielded. Items shielded like my arm would be completely unharmed by such a device. Though my arm is linked to my nervous system so that example may be a moot idea" He spoke pointing to the bar code that was now exposed on his synthetic arm, "If these EMPBs, as you call them, are more of a concentration than an airborne EMP then it may have more of an effect."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Joseph sighed. "I believe that if we bring it to the attention of the military, their tactics will shift to eliminating all unauthorized drones in the closed airspace" he said. Miranda gritted her teeth. "Do you think an EMP bomb could take out the circuitry in the Nuke?" she asked. Joseph looked at her surprised. "Why?" he asked. Miranda gulped. "I mean we have EMP bombs for taking out "ironman suits" but since we are on the same side as the military this time around...maybe we can use these things to save the city" she said. Joseph looked at David. "What do you think? Could that trigger the mechanism?" he asked. Miranda cleared her throat. "I don't think anyone knows about the EMPBs the only ones who have them are Toby, Zoe, Bernie, you, Scott, John, and Tai. The elders kept it from Peter knowing full well that he was up to no good" she said. Joseph growled. "I've already taken an ironman out" he said.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:42 pm

David clenched his eyes shut then he shook his head, "Then it's pretty obvious what we will need to do. Do you think they will have smuggled anti-air tech. Or at least one hell of a powerful rifle that can hopefully reach that far. Otherwise we're going to have a hard time taking them down. The best we can hope for is a javelin anti-tank missile that can lock on all the way up there." He added in. His voice back with a cold conviction, his attempt at canceling his emotions again so he would not do anything irrational that lead to him draining a wolf dry moments ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Joseph sighed. "I fear the nuke is not the worst thing from this war. The intolerance and hatred with the humans will be the worst thing out of this" he said. Miranda went silent before Joseph looked at David. "You were lucky...you won't be targeted for hate crimes" he said. He paused at David's last comment. "I bring it up because, if we disable the enemy drones. The triggerman would have to rely on eyes on the ground" he said.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:43 pm

If anything aside from Ian could set him off, it was raising your voice at him. Especially in his current state now that he gorged himself on blood, "I've never had to deal with a nuke before!" He rose his voice back, the color of his eyes seeming to darken, "Simple IEDs, I can handle. Guns, I can handle. Knives, swords and clubs. I can handle all that generally by myself. I've never thought that someone could get their hands on a goddamn nuke!" He rose his voice back as a headache pounded with every word in his frustration. He gripped his head and then pulled away. Despite how his heart did not beat, there was a powerful throbbing in his head, "If those UAVs up in the sky will see us anyway, then why did you bring up taking care of the nuke? If the triggerman can see us getting close then why bother?" He asked clenching his fists
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:35 am

Miranda sighed at how nice that would have sounded. "David...DOES IT LOOK LIKE A HAZMAT YET ALONE THE BOMB SQUAD TO GET OUT HERE AND HANDLE THIS PROBLEM!?" she rose her voice. Joseph went silent. "I think they might have ran out of antiaircraft missiles. There's still drones up..." he said. Miranda crossed her arms. "Are they Ian's or the military's" she asked. Joseph looked towards David. "What do you think? Is there a trigger man or is it on a timer?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:14 am

David sighed hearing Miranda's tone, "The only thing I can think of is to radio in to a bomb squad or a defusing team to try and take the explosive element out of commission. After that they can find a hazmat team to remove the radioactive material from any possible danger." He said to Miranda giving the only thing that he thought they could do, "The most we can do is keep the sector secure. Make sure no one gets close enough to arm the nuke."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Miranda looked at them worried. "Yea, but which one? There are a dozen railroad yards in this city. Do you think we have enough time to look at them all?" she asked. Joseph shrugged. "We have to try!" he said. Miranda huffed. "And what are you two going to do when you actually find it!?" she scolded them.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:49 am

David snickered when he caught the glance from Joseph, "If it means we get to raid the rail yard then I think I know what you're thinking." He spoke with a grin on his face, "So. Who's ready to run?" He asked feeling a massive spike in energy like someone had put a direct injection of adrenaline right into his system.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:31 pm

Joseph sighed. "I thought with all this money the country puts into its military that they would have radiation detection equipment somewhere" he said. He growled to David. "I know, but it's difficult to look for something that you don't know what to look for...it's not like they are just carrying the bomb around...there has to be a disguise!" he said. Miranda scowled. "Well duh!...I would have thought that a werewolf nears a semi-truck or a Railroad car would have been our first guess..." she said. Joseph looked at David in disbelief. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:24 am

David's glance seemed to travel to Joseph when Miranda told him about controlling their berserk states. He wanted what happened to remain as hushed as possible since his revelation was even new to him, "The military? They normally can't find what they are looking for through the sky. And ground troops can take too long to patrol the area. Sometimes a third party will be necessary. A third party like us. So we will need to get moving and not stand around talking about what ifs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:46 pm

Miranda sighed. "I want you to be in control of yourself...Do you think none of us have a berserk mode? We have the proper dicipline to control our berserk mode starting our teachings from birth. I will admit that those of us with PTSD we lose some of that dicipline" she said before he looked over at Joseph. "You don't think Toby's going to have that same problem...is he?" he asked. Joseph shook his head before he looked at David. "There's many people watching us David...Military Drones, Our Drones, and I bet Ian's got Drones..." he said. Miranda looked away. "It would explain how they found where Toby and I lived" she said. Joseph closed his eyes. "I need to think" he said before he looked at David. "Do you think the Military is able to find the bomb with their drones?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
greatdragonsoldier13
Fang Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:03 pm

David nodded to Miranda, "All depends on what you mean by having your head screwed on straight. I won't be going berserk at the moment if that is what you meant." He added in before finally seeing that it was now in a heavy rain. The silence around him disturbed him. Only moments before it was a real war zone, but now it seemed more dead than the bodies he left in the bunker, "The calm before the storm." He muttered to himself looking around for anything that could harm them, "We need to move. I feel like someone's watching us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Miranda nodded. "I just wanted to be sure your head was screwed on right before he go and do this" she said. She began to follow Joseph and David out of the bunker to see that a thunderstorm had arrived. The rain poured heavily, and the blood everywhere was being washed away. Miranda looked around. "What's going on? Where is everyone?" she asked. The amount of gunfire and explosions were almonst nonexistant and the city was pitch black. Joseph gulped. "This is an ominous sign" he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)   

Back to top Go down

Call of the Wolf (omuyasha, mature)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 14Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next