Surreal Illusions

This is a site for the members. You as a member get to choose how things go here

HomeGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Gravity Pulls us Together

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

Number of posts : 4743
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:10 pm

"To answer your question, there is nothing wrong with me personally." Her gaze suddenly turned steely and dangerous. "Do not push the issue any farther." Closing her eyes, she took in a slow, deep breath before letting it out in a whistle. "The Grand Phoenix is the First Phoenix. The Eldest. The Power of All." She muttered, shaking her head and then standing to her feet, ducking under one of the sail's tether ropes, and entered the small hold of the ship. She was in trouble... and Mia Lin was still five days travel away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

Number of posts : 4677
Registration date : 2008-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:53 am

Fenrir Vanagandr (left) Hati Vanagandr (center) Hilda Vanagandr (right)
Fenrir looked at her sternly. "A grand pheonix? Is that a species, a part of a hierarchy, or a society?" he asked. He cleared his throat. "I may be a diplomatic stranger, but I'm an ally to your resistance...from what I know about resistances is that they go nowhere without backing from another nation" he said. He paused for a moment as he thought to himself. "I have a suspicion that this disease my not be a natural occurrence" he said to himself.

bgcolor=000000 bordercolor=00ffff
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://omuyasha.deviantart.com/
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:13 pm

Mia Lin rolled her eyes and shifted her braid so that way it was now laying on her other shoulder. "No. I was saved by a Grand Phoenix once. And that is all that you will learn on the subject, Your Majesty. It is a personal matter, and you are merely a diplomatic stranger. I do this because I do not want this disease to go any farther than your land. It would spell disaster for all." She turned and looked out over the water. She hadn't been on the open water since her mother had been killed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Fenrir noticed that her discomfort had not waned, and her hand was pressed tightly over her stomach. "So how long have you been in pain?" he asked abruptly. He sat down outside of the box fort, which he was definitely not going to leave her until he knew what her ailment was. "I know when things can become a problem...I will do anything to rectify it before it'll get to that point" he said firmly. He sighed heavily. "That's why I'm making this journey in the first place, and...that is why I won't leave your side" he said. He looked back into her eyes intensely. "Is it the same curse that are killing my people?" he asked. He wondered if her motivation in going with them was a common goal.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:59 pm

Mia Lin had closed her eyes, one hand resting on her lap, the other hand pressed tightly over the area of her stomach. The burning had failed t go away, and she knew she wouldn't get a chance to check it. There wasn't enough room or time on this ship to get out of her clothes. It also didn't help that she didn't have a mirror to use to help her look at it. She slowly opened her eyes and took the bowl from him, eating it slowly in silence. "I don't sleep at night. I only sleep about four hours in a twenty four hour period, and I slept before I came to port."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:39 pm

Hilda looked at Mia Lin disappointed and her head sank low in depression. "I see" she said sadly. Fenrir was walking around the edge of the ship as it launched out to sea. He examined the sides for stowaways or sabotage before his eyes focused on Mia Lin who were in a box fort, and he saw her let her hair out. He watched curiously finding her reaction to be strange, but he let her have her space until later when it was chow time. He approached her with a bowl of beef stew, and he offered it to her. "I thought you could use some food...you've been quiet all day" he said. He cleared his throat. "Are you going to be sleeping there for the night? It could get kind of dangerous if we hit a rogue wave and you're not aware enough to stop the boxes" he said.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:09 pm

"I don't talk much. Recently, anyways. Not enough people can keep my attention... Please excuse me, child. I have to take a break for a bit. I traveled far." Mia spotted a group of boxes that were stacked in such a way that she was able to walk over to it and settle down onto a box, effectively hiding her from sight. Reaching up, she took out the various hair pins, and let out a heavy sigh as she felt her hair fall down heavily, making a slight thump sound when it hit the box she was sitting on. Damn, that hurts.... She reached up and pulled her hair over her left shoulder, quickly tying it into a braid that would prevent it from touching the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:33 am

Fenrir grinned. "You could just tell me that they are simply too far away" he said before he looked towards his daughter. "Mia Lin is adept at Territory Magic. She will be a great asset to our journey" he said before he headed them off. Hilda frowned as they walked back to the ship. "When did you start discovering your powers?" she asked. Tyr was pushing a cart full of their supplies, and Hati rode on top of his father's shoulder. "Papa, what's Territory Magic?" he asked. Fenrir sighed heavily. "It's the ability to manipulate space...It's similar to my ability...either abilities are rare and super destructive" he said. He looked over at Tyr. "What's your ability?" he asked. Tyr stared at him before he gulped. "I can make light" he said feeling disappointed. Fenrir snickered. "Light is it? Sounds to me like you haven't done any studying" he said before he looked back at his daughter. "I think it would be a good idea for Mia Lin to assist you. Maybe she has one of them fancy amulets that tell you what type of ability you have" he said as he scratched at his nose.

Tyr clear his throat. "So...do you know what Trait Mia Lin has?" he asked. Fenrir ruffled his hair and thought really hard about the vast knowledge he had gained about the kingdom. "Well, She's here...why won't you ask her?" he scolded as he did not remember. Hati cocked his head cutely. "What's a trait?" he asked. Fenrir grinned. "Well, Unlike Abilities which happen at random, there are Traits that are inherited. You both have inherited your mother and my wolf traits. Traits are usually an animal or plant and different regions have different Traits you can see" he said before he clapped his hands. "Panther! That's right! She's got Panther traits!" he blurted out. He snickered to himself. "I knew I'd remember!" he said as soon as they got to the boat. Hilda sighed heavily. "Well...you like to talk? There isn't much else to do on a voyage...is there?" she asked Mia Lin.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:01 am

"Many. Too many to explain properly. My people are more powerful than it seems, and the longer we stand here, the more courage they get. So you will just have to wait and see exactly what I can do." Mia turned her attention to Hati once again. "Everything is fated to happen for a reason. Your mother's rule, sickness, and death... My mother's murder, even though I do not understand it myself." She then looked over at Fenrir as she stood straight again. "One does not tell a Phoenix where it shall go. It goes wherever it wants. So, no. Unfortunately I cannot do that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:22 pm

Fenrir looked towards Mia Lin amused as his ruse worked so well for even her to not detect, but deep down he knew that she would find him out the longer she spent time with him. Hilda looked at her curiously. "Teleported? What kind of powers do you have?" she muttered as she watched her go to Hati. Hati looked down at the ground depressed. "But I'm only four" he said timidly. He looked at his father sadly. "I want things to go back to where they were!" he said glumly. Fenrir crossed his arms over his chest. "So...if this were true...could you just teleport us a Phoenix and save us the journey?" he asked shrewdly.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:07 pm

Mia reached up and gently rubbed the bridge of her nose. Was her decision to get here ahead of her father as smart as she thought it was? As of right now, Fenrir wasn't... exactly living up to her expectations at the moment. "If I had wanted to really fight your father, little Hilda, I would have teleported him to where I was, instead of coming here, in the middle of a mass of innocents." She looked down at Hati, and she smiled bit, leaning down until she was even with him. "Your mother is watching you alongside your ancestors. You don't need a mother, do you, Hati? You are all grown up now, right? Bet you could out-run Tauron if you had the chance."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:27 pm

Fenrir looked back at them once more, and he saw the pouch of money. He crossed his arms over his chest and huffed. "I wasn't destroying anything...things aren't built to my standards...so...they break" he said modestly. His daughter crossed her arms over her chest. "Dad! That's Destroying Things!" she raised her voice before she smacked herself in the forehead growling loudly. Tyr looked at her paying for the things that Fenrir were taking, and he sighed. "I guess not...but...you're paying for everything" he said before he shook his head. "Are you saying emotions have no importance but to make us stupid?" he asked. Fenrir threw a loaf of bread at him, which he caught it. "I'm surprised that Lord Fenrir didn't fight you as well" he said. Fenrir spat out a loaf from his mouth, and he smirked evilly. "I'm not as stupid as you think" he said which his daughter rolled her eyes. "It makes me wonder sometimes..." she muttered. Fenrir snickered. "Look, this place is run by a bartering system, and how am I going to decide a price when all the shop keepers are not here? I have no time for them to grow some balls and stand in front of our new friend here" he said. She shook her head. "Dad..." she grumbled in frustration. Fenrir looked towards Mia Lin and sighed. "It's a shame...over in our lands, you'd be a celebrity. Immense power and a great conversationalist. Brains is just as cherished as brawn" he said before he grinned. "My secret is to lead people on to think I'm more stupid than I am" he said. His daughter smirked. "You mean less intelligent than you are...you just called yourself stupid saying that" she chimed in. He looked towards her mischievously. "That too" he said before he looked at Hati walking up towards Mia Lin. "Will you be my mommy?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Mia Lin reached into the right side of her dress and pulled out a hidden pouch. Opening it, she placed the necessary money in each stall, then turned narrowed eyes towards Fenrir. "Would you mind not destroying things in the process of 'finding things'?" Shaking her head, she turned and looked at Tyr. "I never said I was a 'all around good guy', now did I? People, well many people, are stupid. They let themselves be rules by their emotions, and I rather have a balanced conversation. People call me cold and cruel. They see my battlefield actions as a reflection of who I really am."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:42 pm

The three youngsters listened to Mia Lin's story. They were very disturbed with the story, and Fenrir closed his eyes knowing all too well of how unstable the Emperor of the Xin dynasty was. "That's terrible!" His daughter shrieked. Her father nodded. "Fear is a very powerful tactic to keep your constituents in submission" he said before he sighed heavily. "You were expecting us to fight weren't you?" he asked. His daughter gulped and looked away feeling very silly.

Fenrir looked at Mia Lin eagerly. "Very nice...now let me just grab some supplies here" he said before he started raiding the unattended market carts. His daughter grumbled and crossed her arms over her chest. "Dad! That's stealing! Kings don't steal things!" she shouted. Fenrir looked back at her with sausage links hanging from his mouth before he spit it out. "No! I'm finding things!" he shouted. Tyr looked towards Mia Lin curiously. "Why are everyone afraid of you then if you're a good guy?" he asked.

Last edited by OmuYasha on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:26 pm

"Hilda... Hati... Tyr...." She muttered, her attention snapping back towards Fenrir. "Let me tell you a little story... About two years ago, a letter was snuck into the palace to me. In the confusion after my mother's... death, I forgot about it. When rebellion broke out seven months ago to the north, I was cloistered in my rooms, and came across the letter. The letter was from a man in the north, who told me all about how my father was the true cause of my mother's premature death. Apparently, she knew her husband was officially insane, because he grabbed all the children in the northern territories and had them killed, their body parts sent individually back to their parents...

"I lost the last hope I held in my father, snuck out of the palace and went to the north. I ralleyed people back up, rekindled their desire to rule themselves by committee. We are winning. War is a thing here already." She looked towards the north. "I left Xia in charge... I am sure she won't mind if I go Phoenix hunting." When she said that word, she could feel the Phoenix marking on her stomach burn in recognition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:12 pm

Fenrir shook his head giving a toothy grin. "Oh that is delightfully corrupt" he said before he snickered. His daughter looked at Mia Lin sympathetically. "Wow, Sounds like your father is a real dick" she said. Fenrir chuckled to himself. "Understandable...that's why I'm not threatened by her" he explained to his daughter. She looked at him in shock. "You mean you knew?" she asked. He shrugged and cleared his throat. "Little tid bits here and there..." he said before he got distracted by the Phoenix. He looked back at Mia Lin and cleared his throat. "Oh, yes...This is my Daughter Hilda, and the little one is my son Hati. The shy boy over there is my daughter's boyfriend Tyr. His daughter bowed in respect before she grabbed her little brother to do the same. Fenrir crossed his arms over his chest. "Siding with you is most definately going to start a war..." he said before he grinned evilly. "I like war" he said before he looked at his children. "What do you think?" he asked. Hilda frowned. "I don't like war, but...I don't know...is she telling the truth?" she asked. Her father snickered. "Oh! After seeing her power, you're going to question her? Aren't you a brave one" he teased her before he closed his eyes. "If I were to say that there have been some other unethical behaviors being done by Mia Lin's father...would you believe her?" he asked. She nodded and looked away from Mia Lin remembering the brief awesome powers she possessed. Fenrir frowned. "So...what are your thoughts on going on a humanitarian mission with us? Surely helping cure a epidemic would give you great praise would it not?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:34 pm

"Not really. What really pissed me off was he called my mother a cheating, incestuous who're, and plucked a ten year old boy off of the street, made him royalty by royal decree, then made him heir. My father was too much of a goddamn pussy to say such things about my mother while she was... alive!" An abandoned building to her right exploded into flame, and for a split second, the blaze held the form of a Phoenix in flight. Letting out a heavy sigh, she shook her head, motioning towards his children. "Are you going to introduce me to your children, hmm?" Her eyes showed a flash of heat, her lips twisting into a smirk. Her father was going to be pissed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Fenrir looked at her amused as she said that she was not a princess. "Your still a princess to me. You must be pretty passed that he disowned you" he said before he raised an eyebrow as she quickly dispatched her assailant. He snickered. "That's impressive...I can't wait to see what else you can do" he said eagerly. His daughter smacked herself in the forehead and shook her head.

Last edited by OmuYasha on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sasuke~ Evil is Sexy
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:13 pm

Mia Lin tilted her head to the side as she watched the newly arrived king act just like she imagined he would. Letting out a low sigh, she reached up and pushed a stray section of hair back into one of her braids, the smirk never leaving her lips. "As... impressive as you are, that was... unnecessary." She dropped her hands, resting them firmly on her hips, her weight shifting onto her right foot, which caused her to cock her hip to the side a bit. "Can't have my dear old Baba claiming diplomatic first dibs, now can I? Have you not heard Your Majesty Fenrir? Even before my 'rebellion', I was declared a unlawful bastard by my father. I am no longer a Princess. I am merely a... lady." Her eyes suddenly narrowed, and in the distance there was a scream to her right, where a man had been attempting to hit her with an arrow when she caused the air around him to implode. "Still trying, Father? So sad...." She muttered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OmuYasha
Angel Poster

PostSubject: Gravity Pulls us Together   Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:38 am

Far away in the Northern Kingdom of Icefire, rules a benevolent Queen. Her rule were over a honorable often seen as barbaric race of people who were said to be more beast than man. Their culture were very bizarre to the more man dominated world to the south, but what was intended to be a joke ended up to work well as a system, and it stuck in place ever since. The men dealt with physical tasks like fighting while the women dealt with the intellectual tasks like politics. The strongest were never in power, and domestic violence was often never heard of.

The economy was thriving, and the population boomed, but opening trade with a island nation to the south exposed the women to a terrible infectious cancer that had a mortality rate of 90% and those who survived were rendered barren. The virus got to the queen, and she fought valiantly, but the tumors metastasized and claimed her life as well. She made one strange request, which it were to grant her husband, Fenrir, status of King until her daughter was of suitable age. At that point, they understood that the disease was only affecting women, which they performed the coronation without hesitation.

Many had died before it was discovered that Phoenix blood, which Phoenix lived a thousand miles South-east from their kingdom. Fenrir made the brash decision to take off to find the cure, which he did not care much for having a group protect him when he was the one protecting everyone else. He found two stowaways on his ship. His Son Hati, his daughter Hilda, her best friend. Teens were still discovering her own powers and were very adventurous often getting into trouble, and now they were leaving a bad impact on his youngest son. Instead of turning back, Fenrir continued on to the east, which they needed to restock supplies at the major port in the Xin Dynasty. When they arrived, they were instantly given funny looks not just by how they dressed but how big, tall, and rugid they were. Hilda stood at 6'3" and she was 15, but her father were a full 3 feet taller than her. They all knew where they were from with their characteristic lupine like noses, and they became extremely anxious.

It was all short lived as a crowd of people ran in a panic as an explosion occurred. "She's here! Everyone run!" they shouted as they ran towards the sea. Fenrir grabbed one of the guards and nearly ripped his arm off in the process. "What's going on here!?" he shouted. The guard kept pulling away before he was put into a full nelson. "Answer me!" he raised his voice gruffly. The guard shrieked. "It's the Princess! She severed ties with the emperor! And she's been taking up land for herself! Everyone who tried to stop her died a painful death!" he shouted. Fenrir shoved the man to the ground and snorted. "Cowards these lot!" he muttered. He looked up at a woman standing on a roof top in a elegant blue one piece dress with the Qin insignia looking down upon them as if they were prey. Fenrir smirked at her knowing full well who she was. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the princess herself? Have you come all this way to make time to greet me?" he asked. Hilda looked at him oddly. "Dad! She's here to kill you...not...oh forget it!" she muttered.

Fenrir looked into the princess's eyes and snickered. "Uh-oh! I've seen that look before!" he muttered before he crossed his arms over his chest flashing his sharp carnivorous teeth at her. "I can read you like a...what are those things called? You know the things with writing in 'em?" he asked his daughter. His daughter crossed her arms over her chest. "A book dad! Like a book!" she shouted before she saw him grinning at her smugly. She gasped. "Dad! How can you be joking around at a time like this!?" she shouted. Fenrir snickered. "Well...I'm not threatened by her...isn't it obvious?" he asked before he jumped on top of a roof top. He tossed his handbag down to his daughter before he removed his furs unveiling a very appetizing beefy sturdy build which were easy to get a woman distracted if she were not careful. "I'm ready when you are!" he shouted beckoning her to come at him.

Last edited by OmuYasha on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gravity Pulls us Together   

Back to top Go down

Gravity Pulls us Together
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2